Grapefruit Tequila Slammer
4 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
2 ounces silver tequila
2 ounces lemon lime soda
garnish with additional grapefruit
Add all ingredients to glass with ice.
As found here: http://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/grapefruit-tequila-slammer/
White Chocolate Popcorn
1/2 cup popcorn kernels, unpopped
4 oz white chocolate baking bar
6 oz white chocolate chips
1 drop pink food coloring
In a paper bag, place popcorn kernels and fold top of the bag twice. Place it in the microwave and set to high for 3 to 3 and half minutes. Listen carefully for when kernels stop popping. As soon as the popping stops, take the bag out of the microwave.
Place popcorn in a baking sheet and lay flat to cool.
On a double boiler melt chocolate. When the chocolate is melted add 1 drop of food coloring and mix through. Pour chocolate over the popcorn and with your clean hands mix chocolate through.
Set aside until chocolate sets and serve.
As found here: http://www.eatgood4life.com/chocolate-popcorn/
Rose Petal Martini
1 oz White Creme de Cacao
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Lychee Liqueur
Dash of Grenadine
Rose Petals to Garnish
Shake the following ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker, pour into a martini glass and garnish with pink rose petals
As found here: http://www.party-ideas-by-a-pro.com/garden-party-ideas.html
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup canola oil
- 6 ounces fresh or 1 cup frozen blueberries (see notes)
- Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, zest, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Fold in oil and stir carefully until uniformly combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice around the inside of the loaf pan to loosen the cake and flip out onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Cool the cake completely.
- If using frozen blueberries, leave them frozen right up until the moment you are going to stir them in. Then, fold them in with as few strokes as possible. If you do see some residual purple streaks in the batter, they likely won't bake up that way. In my experience, the cake looks the same as one made with fresh blueberries.
As found here: http://www.culinaryhill.com/blueberry-lemon-yogurt-cake/
Sparkling Green Sangria
2 (750 ml) bottles Moscato wine
3 ounces Triple Sec
2 sliced cucumbers
2 cups seedless green grapes
1 sliced apple, lemon & lime, 1/2 liter club soda
Pour wine in a pitcher or bowl and add sliced cucumber, apple, lemon and lime.
Add triple sec and chill. Top with club soda and enjoy!
As found here: http://www.thismamacooks.com/2016/02/sparkling-green-sangria-recipe.html
Irish Potato Bites
20 Red Potatoes, small
1/2 c Corned Beef
1/4 c Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp Butter, melted
Sour cream (optional)
Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
Add potatoes and boil until they are fork tender. Preheat oven to 400°F
Once potatoes are cooked and have cooled cut each one in half and cut a small slice off of the rounded end so the potato can sit up.
Scoop out the inside of each potato half saving the potato insides in a bowl.
Add cheese, corned beef, butter to the bowl with the saved potato insides.
Salt mixture to taste. Also sprinkle some salt over the potato halves.
Scoop mixture into potato halves and then place them on a baking sheet.
Place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
As found here: http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/irish-potato-bites/?m
Cupid Cherry Float
Vanilla ice cream
Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to a drinking cup or mug.
Add 1 oz vanilla vodka. Fill the cup with cherry soda.
Cut the ends off of 1 strand of red licorice, then place into the cup to use as a straw.
As found here: http://www.somewhatsimple.com/cupid-floats/
Mini Cherry Heart Pie
- 1 box Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 11 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- White Sparkling Sugar
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
As found here: http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/2015/01/20/mini-cherry-heart-pies/
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a 3 to 4" heart shaped cookie cutter, you should get 8-10 pies from 1 box of crusts.
- Cut as many shapes as you can get rerolling scraps as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Place half of the hearts on prepared pan(s).
- Use egg wash to wet the edges of the hearts.
- Place a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each.
- Make a small x cut in the center of the remaining half of the hearts.
- Place an x heart on top of each filled heart and press and crimp edges.
- Brush sealed pie with egg wash and dust with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until crust is browned.
- Allow to cool.
Coconut Snowball Martini
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces coconut rum
2 ounces cream of coconut
2 ounces blue curacao
Add ingredients to an ice filled shaker, shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with honey and shredded coconut around the rim.
As found here: http://www.dekuyperusa.com/
Red Velvet Snowflake Cookies
1 cup butter
1½ cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon red velvet emulsion
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
¼ cup melted chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, mix in red velvet emulsion,vanilla, cocoa, and melted chocolate. Blend in flour baking powder, dry buttermilk, and salt. Mix until dough pulls away from paddle and begins to form ball. Roll out on floured surface. Cut into desired shape with cookie cutter. Bake on Parchment lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Put icing on cookies and enjoy!
As found here: http://www.createdby-diane.com/2013/12/red-velvet-snowflake-cookie.html